National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)Supporting a better life for disabled Australians
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is an independent statutory agency. Our role is to implement the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which will support a better life for hundreds of thousands of Australians with a significant and permanent disability and their families and carers.
A Step Ahead Foot and Ankle Care is a Registered Provider with the NDIS and is committed to supporting people living with a disability.
Our NDIS registration groups are:
- Custom Prosthetics – Assistive Technology
- Therapeutic Supports – Improved Daily Living Skills
NDIS Services offered at A Step Ahead Podiatry are:
- During our assessment, we can provide general podiatry care.
- Assess, measure for appropriate medical (therapeutic) grade footwear.
- Order any shoe wear accessories like; shoe horns, elastic laces, ankle braces etc.
- Measure for and order Medical-Grade Compression stocking and Recovery socks for leg swelling and tiredness.
- Diabetic and arthritic evaluations and neurological and vascular assessments with advance tools and technology.
- Assessment, measurement and prescription of Custom Orthotics and various shoe inserts, aids and equipment to assist clients with foot deformities.
What to bring to the appointment?
- NDIS number
- NDIS plan start date
- Your contact details
- Name and contact details of the person providing Coordination of Supports (if you have one)
- A copy of the relevant part of your plan (if you would like assistance)
- Contact the clinic for a copy of the Service Agreement to read