Are you worried or concerned about your child’s feet? Have you been told it's "Growing Pains" and "They'll grow out of it"? Then this page has information that is important to you. Great Foot Treatment for Kids is important to us too. This is why we see oodles of kids with foot or lower leg pain.
If all kids “grow out of” foot problems, how come so many Adults have similar issues? With kids’ feet, we don’t get a second chance. The time to focus on this is now while they are still growing. Why would you wait and let kids’ feet stop growing before addressing problems when you could resolve any issues before they become permanent?
Children’s feet differ from adult’s feet in that they’re pliable and still growing and therefore it’s a crucial time in their development. During this growing stage, your kid’s feet are extremely susceptible to the influences of injury, improper footwear, and poor development in the form of flat feet.
Unfortunately, kids can’t always articulate (explain to you) what they’re feeling, especially when it comes to feet, other than saying it hurts. This is why it’s vital for you, as a parent, to pay close attention to the development of your child’s feet.
Sometimes kids will talk about getting tired or ask to stop an activity because they have pain and stopping activity is the best way they know of beating the problem!
Are you worried about
- Growing Pains
- Flat feet in kids
- Posture Problems
- Tripping or falling
- Pain from activity
Have you tried other health professionals?
Frustrated at no results?
Talk to our helpful team at A Step Ahead about your Child’s Foot Care
How We Can Help Your Child’s Foot Care Needs
Just like you, we’re parents. We understand the concern you feel for your children. Especially when it comes to health matters.
We also understand, first-hand, how important healthy feet are for active kids. Not only from a physical standpoint but also for their own sense of self-esteem. But for being able to kick a soccer ball or play hopscotch can be a nightmare socially in the playground! Or being able to run to the bus or walk home without pain is horrible!
It’s this parental-understanding, along with our 25 years of expertise, that makes us Sydney’s leading Kids foot and ankle clinic.
To help beat your child’s foot problem or pain we provide:
- High tech video Walking and running assessments (kid-friendly, we make it fun)
- EASY and FUN Strengthening and stretching exercise programs!
- Deep connective tissue massage (Fancy name for a medical massage)
- Kid-specific orthotic or insoles therapy (Soft + Pliable NOT hard and rigid)
- Simple to put in place Activity modification ideas (You probably can keep doing the sport you love!)
- Easy to understand footwear advice, including first walker and school shoes
What Problems do kids get?
Problems our Doctors treat that are more obvious
- Foot or arch pain
- Flat feet
- Knee pain
- Pigeon toes
- Back pain
- Clawing toes
Kids foot problems parents need to look out for
- Tripping or falling
- Hip pain
- Trouble keeping up with peers
- Prone to injuries or accidents
- Muscle fatigue or soreness
- A propensity for ankle sprains
- An unwillingness to participate in sports
All or just some of these signs are indicative of foot posture problems. While flat feet are often more obvious other problems such as tripping falling, kids who fatigue quickly or often don’t enjoy sport are many times unbeknown to parents a sign that a foot posture issue may exist. Don’t worry you are not the only parent that didn’t realise that!
Kids Foot Pain Calculator
Would you like a quick idea what treatments could be best for your child? Are you worried about Growing Pains? Curious if its time to look at an assessment for you child? Curious about what treatment may be worth looking at? Try our online Calculator!
Enter your responses and our online calculator will provide you with Personalised Treatment Recommendations* you can consider. You can also down load your personalised results* and recommendations for you to keep – completely free!
How are we different in Foot Treatment for Kids?
Our clinics are very different to most! Many times, kids are used to very sterile medical practices, they associate these with the horror of getting injections and often just feeling pretty sick and horrible when there. Most Doctors offices are sterile with old out of date magazines horrible grubby chairs and if they are lucky 4 or 5 toys! We are not like that at all! Let’s look how our clinics are different
KID Friendly Rooms
- Dual console Old school Arcade games – Donkey Kong, Galaga, Pac Man Space Invaders
- 6ft Long Fish tank with Loads of colourful tropical fish with baby fish!
- Enormous Toys boxes with CLEAN fresh toys
- Colouring in
- Our rooms are bright, modern and open.
KID Friendly Team
- We See Stacks of KIDS Many practitioners are lucky to see one or two kids as patients a week our very kid friendly Doctors see this many and more every day!
- You don’t have to “WAIT till they grow out of it” Our team will talk to you about ways to get your kiddlet out of pain NOW not years later when they have “grown out of it”
- Patient Doctors, who see oodles of Kids. We know things don’t always go to plan. We talk WITH your kids to get the answers they probably want to tell us but don’t know quite how!
- Talk WITH YOU not AT you! In the end its about getting an awesome result for your child! We understand how important it is to speak to you and your kiddlet in simple, clear and easy to understand terms! NO complicated Doctor talk and medical jargon!
- Good care takes time! Our appointments aren’t rushed in/out appointments like many clinics. We understand it takes time to get to the bottom of things!
If you’d like more information
Is it really growing pains?
7 simple signs every parent should know!
Are you worried about the pain in your child’s feet? Not sure what’s normal and what’s not? Try accessing Dr Brenden’s helpful report on the “Growing pains – 7 simple signs every parent should know!” As a recognised expert in lower limb health with over 20 years’ experience, A past advisor for Clarks Kids footwear and lecturer on growing pains. Dr Brenden outlines what every Parent should know about Growing Pains and gives you fast ways to identify the “what and when” you need to know!
If you are Still uncertain? Make the most of our FREE 10-minute telephone review
Would you like to speak to a qualified Foot Doctor to review your problem with you over the phone?
If you are suffering foot pain this is important information for you. Be one of the many patients taking advantage of our 10-minute Review service*, which involves a telephone call with one of our experienced and highly professional team members to discuss your concerns.
This guide, questionnaire and recommendation should not and can not replace qualified medical advice. The information on this page and website are a guide only. We strongly advise you to consult our Podiatrists or a qualified health practitioner for professional advice.
(No really come on get and see someone, you’re really unlikely to get better trolling the internet for a cure! Said with love because we care 💕 )
No medical treatment in Australia can be guaranteed, in fact it is illegal to do so. Results will vary from person to person.