We see 10 – 15 patients with Heel Pain,
(Yes, we know heel pain!)
Do you dread putting your heels to the floor when you wake up?
Does it feel ok for a few minutes only to get sore again during the day?
Do you feel you’d be better walking on your toes?
Have you been told there’s nothing you can do and you just have to put up with it?
Visited other well-meaning health professionals, no success?
DON'T BOOK ANYTHING WITHOUT READING THE FOLLOWING
So You have Heel Pain!
Ouch! Sadly, you have one of the most debilitating foot conditions. If not treated by professionals your pain can stay with you for years. NOT all heel pain is the same!
- Heel spurs is often what this debilitating problem is incorrectly diagnosed as. Whilst it is common for spurs to be present, it is rare indeed for the spur to be the cause of the problem.
- Plantar fasciitis. Is yet another relatively common diagnosis. Many well-meaning health professional jump to this diagnosis when hearing common signs and symptoms. It’s a simple diagnosis for an often-complex problem!
- Achilles Tendonitis – “itis” is a term used to describe something that’s swollen. What happens if there is NO swelling there at all – Will ice and anti-inflammatories remove your pain? Should you really be stretching that?
What if these are NOT your problem? What do you do if you’re being treated but it’s not getting better? How can we help?
How is A Step Ahead different??
- EXPERIENCE - Practitioners with over 20 years’ clinical experience
- A TRUSTED TEAM treating this condition seeing between 10 – 15 patients a day with this painful condition! You’re NOT alone!
- INNOVATION - out of the box solutions for this debilitating condition.
- EXPERT ADVICE - Highly qualified professionals who are experts at treating Heel Pain + getting you back on your feet.
Medical experts featured on Australian TV channels 7, 9 & 10. Also Mens Health magazine & regulars on ABC radio Sydney
- LATEST TECHNOLOGY in Heel pain therapies – Shockwave, Laser + Soft Computerised orthotic insoles
- NOT TOENAIL CUTTERS – regular Podiatrists spend most of their time cutting nan’s nails -all the while we are fixing heel pain – who do you trust?
Our team will look at the real cause behind your heel pain and not simply provide the standard stretch, ice water bottle, rigid orthotic paradigm others hand out!
Have you been handed the “SAME OLD - SAME OLD” Stretch-Ice water bottle-Orthotic routine? And you’re not getting better?
Heel Pain facts
Did you know?
- Stretching DOES NOT work for many people!
- Ice water Bottles is great for about 7 days – then hopeless!
- Rigid orthotics may IRRITATE your heel!
- No, you won’t “just get better” (ask our patients who've been in pain for more than 5 years before seeing us!)
- Many people respond to Strength exercises rather than stretching
Would you like to know more? Check out our article on “Heel pain myths”
How is our treatment different?
A Step Ahead has become the leaders in the field of Heel pain care, using innovative treatments.
Firstly, we provide upfront “warts and all” advice! We will tell you what you can do and CAN’T do to get relief (loads of practitioners are too scared to tell you)
You will have all aspects of your problem addressed from shoes to how you walk!
Your treatment plan can include;
- Shockwave therapy
- Foot and postural realignment (elite level video walk run assessment tools)
- Orthotic therapy- soft pliable devices (NOT RIGID HARD DEVICES)
- Soft Tissue therapy
- Strengthening and stretching programs as required
- Footwear recommendations and modifications
- Use of therapeutic injections (if required)
Dedicated to heel pain! Heelpaindoctor.com.au
We are so dedicated to heel pain that;
- Other Podiatrists come to our clinics to learn about how we treat heel pain.
- We have been asked to lecture to large groups of GP’s about this debilitating, horrible condition.
- Our team have appeared as medical experts on Radio and TV
As a result, we have developed a website dedicated to this condition, Heelpaindoctor.com.au - check it out
Want more detail, interested in what your therapist DOESN’T want you to know?
Head to Heelpaindoctor.com.au for;
- Leading treatment options
- Shockwave treatment information
- Why Hard orthotics my Hurt not help!
- New strength exercises regimes
- Cortisone help or hinder?
- Why aren’t you getting better?
So, you want to know more?
Would you like to read our many blog posts on heel pain?
There is a lot to learn about heel pain please read a selection of some of our posts